Resorcerer 2.4.1 for Mac OS X and Classic OS 9 is now available!
If you are not yet a Resorcerer user, you can order a new copy here.
If you are a Resorcerer 2.4 registered user, a free updater to 2.4.1 is available
If you are a Resorcerer 2.2, 2.0, or earlier
registered user, your upgrade to 2.4 is available directly from Mathemaesthetics. To order by
credit card, just use our simple ordering program (runs on Mac only) available
here on our website (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express cards only).
If you need to go through your corporate or institutional purchasing department, fax us your
purchase order, and don't forget your registration number(s).
Pricing is a flat US $128 per upgrade.
Upon processing your order, we will ship you your CD containing both Classic and
Mac OS X (carbonized) versions of Resorcerer 2.4.
What's New in Resorcerer 2.4.1?
- New Carbonized color cursor editor
- Two-byte display column in Hex Editor for older (especially Japanese) text data
- Alitivec machine instruction disassembly to English
- Persistent Hex Editor display preferences
- Several dozen bug fixes
What's New in Resorcerer 2.4?
- Carbonized Mac OS X version: Resorcerer is Mac OS X's first native resource editor!
- Appearance and Mac OS X Aqua interface
- Data fork resource file support (Mac OS X only)
- Scripting using object model for bits, bytes, resources, forks, and files
- New higher performance Hex Editor with binary, Unicode, and PowerPC assembly output
- 'icns' resource and ".icns" file editing
- 'utxt' (Unicode Text) editing (Mac OS X only)
- Remote AppleEvent disassembly from other apps
- 64-bit Value Converter
- Pixel Magnifier tool
- Dragging and dropping resources
- Conversion of all drag flavors from other applications into resources
- Integral 'dftb' editing and conversion from 'ictb's
- 'MENU' Editor now keeps 'xmnu' entries in sync with menu items
- Unicode Viewer utility (Mac OS X only)
- Navigation services
- Sweet scrolling
- We've even implemented OS X style dynamic window growth on OS 9
- Old bugs fixed
- And, sad to say, new bugs introduced
For a much more complete discussion of these new features, see
this SimpleText read-me file.
What's Missing in Resorcerer 2.4?
The carbonized version of Resorcerer 2.4 is missing some of the features available in the
Classic version (however, we're shipping both). In particular, we are still working on new
editors for the last few the older color
graphic resource formats ('cicn' and 'ppat' resources). The free updater to version 2.4.1
installs the new 'crsr'
editor. To edit 'cicn' and 'ppat' resources, you will have to
run the Classic version of Resorcerer 2.4 in the Classic or Mac OS 9 environment.
The Carbonized version of Resorcerer no longer supports 68K resource display or
filtering code resources. We've compiled in our own Showers and Filters, but third-party code
resources will only continue to work in the Classic version of Resorcerer.
We are working on a new architecture for supporting these types of
Plug-in apprentices are similarly not yet working. Again, we have compiled all of our own into
the Carbonized application, but third-party plug-ins (of which there are very few) will have
to wait. So far nobody has complained.